What You Need To Buy:
- 2 peppers (I prefer one orange & one yellow)
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 medium size sweet/yellow spanish onions
- 6-8 italian sausage links
- 4 cups of cooked rice as per instructions on it's box.
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella (Sargentino is my favorite...just saying)
- All purpose cooking pan (I prefer to use my Simply Calphalon Nonstick 12-Inch All Purpose Pan - GWP)
What You Need To Do:
- Cut up the peppers and onions into small little cubes (keep them separate)
- Add olive oil to your cooking pan over medium heat, once hot, throw your peppers in there and cover. (Covering ensures that the peppers cook (& quickly too)).
- After 2-4 minutes add the onions. Stir frequently. Set cover and leave for another 2-4 minutes.
- Squeeze the sausage out of the casings (I know this is gross but it makes the sausage crumple up and mix so nicely while your cooking. Just trust me on this, its worth the gross factor.)
- Stir frequently until the sausage is cooked through, broken up, and evenly disbursed through out the peppers and onions.
- Throw in the rice and stir until its' evenly disbursed.
- Add in half a bag of the shredded mozzarella. Mix until evenly disbursed (will be all gooy & melty).
- Now this is where you stop if you are going to serve it a few hours. If dinner is in 20 minutes, then keep on reading!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (or 400 if you like hard burnt cheese).
- Throw the rest of the shredded mozzarella on top of covering it nicely and put it in the oven for 20-25minutes. Do not cover in the oven....not even tin foil! I know what your thinking...but no...trust me.
- Take a pic of your hard work....tag me in it....then Serve & enjoy!