What...you haven't been? What are you waiting for?!? Well no more excuses because this week we are giving away a FAMILY FOUR PACK OF TICKETS!!!!!
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester is a $12 million, 32,300 square-foot indoor attraction geared towards children ages 3-10 and their families. Its range of educational and interactive experiences includes hands-on play areas, a 4D cinema, master classes led by Master Model Builders, two LEGO amusement rides, two private party rooms birthday party rooms and MINILAND — the venue’s signature re-creation of landmark locations and buildings throughout Westchester County and New York City, made entirely out of more than one million LEGObricks! The re-creations are breath taking! The attraction is a fun and educational destination that is ideal for groups and school trips, providing teachers with a wide range of hands-on learning experiences, bringing the worlds of math, science and technology to life outside the classroom.
Legoland Discovery Center is just a hop-skip-jump away! On average it takes me about a half hour (no traffic) to get there during the week (in the morning).
- Use the address 1 Ridge Hill Boulevard, Yonkers. Their website says their address is 39 Fitzgerald Street, Yonkers. However, my navigation would not pick up that address. Legoland Discovery Center is located within the Ridge Hill Shopping Center (which is basically an outdoor mall, beautifully laid out with so many stores & restaurants. I'd love to go back to spend the day strolling along & window shop). Once you arrive at the shopping center follow the sign to the recommended parking garage & try to park on the second level, that is where Legoland's entrance is. But don't worry if you can't, all roads lead to Rome & so does the parking garage elevator.
- You are strongly encouraged to purchase your tickets in advance and on-line. Although the facility is large & spacious, it can get crowded quickly so to ensure everyone's safety they try to gauge the amount of people who enter at a time. YOU ARE ONLY GUARANTEED ENTRY THE DAY OF IF YOU HAVE A PREPAID ONLINE TICKET.
- Be prepared to wait a little before the real adventures begin. After you purchase your tickets you wait to take a really adorable group shot of your party with Lego bricks falling on you! Then you enter a new room where you learn exactly how Legos are made by a Legoland employee & then you are ushered into a hallway as you await to board your chariot in the "Kingdom Quest" ride. Once the ride is over down the path you go & meet the photo redemption booth (a little more "well worth it" waiting) and by this point the kids are usually itching to let loose! But Miniland always stops them in their tracks! All the kids, big to small, are always in complete awe over this attraction. Once you walk through Miniland you reach the center "hub" complete with the rest of the attractions. Which if you have older children, you could basically sit in the cafe' (which has ample seating) and relax while your child runs the town! There is one entrance and one exit, so the hub is pretty self contained. Note: You can skip all the "pre-game" activities and just walk through straight to the center "hub" if you wish.
- You can tell Legoland Discovery Center doesn't mess around when it comes to saftey! And I love it!!! The facility is super clean! If something spills, within minutes someone is there cleaning it up. (Two thumbs way up!!). However, because safety is a main concern, they are super strict about height requirements for all their attractions., which is great! I also noticed there was a Legoland staff member at the exit of the "fire academy" and does not allow the children to leave unless an adult is there to pick them up. (Two thumbs way up!!) On all the rides an attendant buckles the children in to ensure they are safely in their seats properly (keep those thumbs up!).
- Cafe' Review: Nice selection of healthy foods to chose from. Priced on the higher side (but not bad compared to other attractions I've been too) & pretty tasty. However, you can always "brown bag it" & bring your own lunch if you have a picky eater. Plenty of clean seating to sit & enjoy your lunch or snack at.
- In my opinion, Legoland Discovery Center would be perfect for ages 4 - 10; however, although younger & older may enjoy it as well...but be ware of minimum & maximum height requirements which can prevent them from going on some of the attractions.