Sure I would love an ipad mini (hint hint for my hubby) but I don't really need it. (But I really really need that smart watch that I wanted and sent you links about....just saying). So in a commercialized world were companies create holidays to "make us" spend money, I say "shame on you"!
You know what every single mother's wants on Mother's Day?
Not a new shirt or fancy expensive card! What every mom wants...
No early wake up...Breakfast in bed...a little pampering...a little appreciate and a heart felt token from your pint-size peanuts (with a little help of course from another adult of course).
I can't help you with the day off or pampering BUT in case you want to forward this idea list to your significant other, here are some adorable & affordable DIY gifts they could help your kids make!
Links below correspond with photos in the collage above from top to bottom, left to right:
- A coffee filter flowers bouquet from We Made That
- Easy thumbprint flowers from In Lieu of Preschool
- Metal bottle top spring flowers from Zing Zing Tree
- Cupcake flowers from There’s Just One Mommy
- Rainbow flower pots by In Lieu of Preschool
- Handprint Mother’s Day cards from Octavia and Vicky
- Coffee Filter Flowers from Octavia and Vicky
- Chalkboard and Handprint Flower Pots by Life, Love, and Leyton!
- Handprint Art on Cork Board by Buggy and Buddy
- Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make by Buggy and Buddy
- Mother’s Day Poem Heart Card (with brainstorming printable) by Teacher Help for Parents
- Dying Carnations by Kitchen Counter Chronicles