Carousels evoke positive memories of everyone’s childhood. The whirling lights, flashing colors, piping organ music, giggling children, and galloping horses remind everyone of a simpler time. Bring back those magical days of the past while fundraising for the future. On August 22nd, create new memories while raising money for programs and services for those who have Alzheimer’s, a disease that robs people of their memories.
Visitors can have unlimited carousel rides with face painting for $10 or enjoy individual rides for $3 to benefit the Alzheimer’s NYC Chapter (within the two-hour time span). There will be lots more fun as well, with a RAFFLE that includes some great prizes! Cido the Clown will be there to entertain everyone with his magic tricks and silly jokes. Don’t miss this opportunity to visit New York City’s oldest carousel, a rare and beautiful piece of art designed and carved by Master Wood-Carver Daniel Carl Muller in 1903.
- Snacks and refreshments will be available at the Carousel concession.
- The Forest Park Carousel is located in Forest Park at Woodhaven Boulevard and Forest Park Drive in Woodhaven (Queens), NY.
- Free parking is available adjacent to the carousel.
- RAIN OR SHINE the event will go on!
- For more info, please visit www.forestparkcarousel.com.
Photo Credit: ForrestParkCarousel.com