So as the days get warmer and the nights get longer I begin my search for easy, healthy, and picky eater approved dinners! This week I am featuring an easy, fresh and delicious recipe that is great for a quick dinner or for a large party!
What You Need:
- 4 Chicken Breasts (feeds 6 people)
- Jack Daniel's Original No. 7 Recipe Barbecue Sauce, 19 Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
- Vegetables of your choice – Such as onions and bell peppers
What You Need To Do:
- Soak the bamboo skewers sticks in water for 20 minutes.
- Cut the raw chicken into large (somewhat uniform) chunks.
- Quarter the onion and cut into large pieces.
- Cut bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into large chunks.
- Skewer one piece of bell pepper, then chicken, then onion, then bell pepper, then chicken, then onion, then bell pepper and so on.
- Be sure to skewer the vegetable or chicken right in the thickest middle part
- Season with your favorite seasoning. I like fresh cracked pepper and garlic salt.
- Grill them up!
- Be sure to rotate the skewer frequently.
- Apply Jack Daniel's Original No. 7 Barbecue sauce liberally in the last 5-10 minutes of grilling.
- Eat, Enjoy & Thank me later!
Picky eater substitutions: Omit the onions & peppers; instead, throw some veggies on there that your kid actually eats! My daughter doesn't eat grilled veggies, period. So I just make her a plain chicken skewer and give her fresh (uncooked) veggies on the side to munch on!